Hi everyone, today I’m sharing a family favorite recipe. Every time I host I get asked for this recipe so without further ado here it is 😀 !
This baked potato is perfect to serve with your favorite meat dishes like pulled pork or beef brisket. That’s what I usually do!
Can we just talk about this sauce! The sweetness from the carrots gives it so much depth in flavor and the creaminess from the cheese is mouth watering good! This sauce recipe has been in our family for over 10 years and it’s a regular staple. I use this sauce as a gravy for mashed potatoes to. There’s so many things you can use it on. Fried salmon, steamed rice etc.
I originally picked up the recipe inspo from my mother in law. She used to pour it over boiled potatoes. I was in love after the first time I tried it and it has stuck with us since then.
You can double the recipe if you’re hosting! I love how easy these potatoes are to make! Your guests might be asking for a recipe after trying this!
Here’s a quick video of the recipe!
Baked Potato With Creamy Sauce
- 3 pounds potato
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbs oil
- 4 spoons butter
- 1/4 tsp salt ( add more as needed )
Cream Cheese Sauce
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt or season to taste
- 1 small onion
- 1-2 carrots
- 3 cloves garlic
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Start by peeling. This step is optional you can leave the skin on them if you prefer.
- Chop them into medium sized pieces
- Add thyme, salt, pepper, paprika, oil and mix to combine.
- Add some butter slices on top. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. After the 40 minutes remove the foil and broil. I usually do about 5 minutes on broil to create a crispy coating.
Carrot Cream Cheese Sauce
- Dice 1 small onion. Grade 1 carrot on the smaller settings as well as 3 cloves of garlic.
- Saute the onion with garlic in some butter for about 5 minutes or until its roasted.
- Add in the carrots and let it fry for an additional 5 minutes until the carrots soften.
- Now add the cream cheese and work it into the mixture.
- Once it's combined add the half and half and bring to a boil while whisking. It should thicken. Salt and season to taste. If you want a more runny sauce add more half and half.
That’s all for today’s recipe! I hope you enjoy it!